The target was one of the largest pharmaceutical factories in Sudan “ELLIE PHARMACEUTICALS”, SCLO was rep-resenting Savanna Pharmaceuticals Co.Ltd a sub-sidiary of Hikma Pharmaceuticals PLC (London Stoke Exchange [LSE] listed company )
SCLO’s involvement in this transaction included the following:
- Forming a Sudanese private limited liability company (the buyer) which is wholly owned by foreign companies.
- Render many legal opinions regarding some aspects of the Sudanese investment law
- Carry out a full legal due diligence-advice on registration of foreign capital in Sudan’s central bank-advice on intellectual property in Sudan
- Advise on corporate finance structure
- Negotiate on behalf of the buyer the terms of the SPA
- Transfer all the trade marks to the buyer.
- Advise on the regulatory issues relevant to the Pharmaceutical industry in Sudan